As you may have already noticed, many of my posts are to educate and spread the word to the world that Celiac Disease is real! Many people in this world suffer from Celiac Disease and simply don't know the reason for their baffling symptoms... The reason is, lack of knowledge among medical professionals, and people just accepting their symptoms instead of seeking help. Take time to educate yourself and others on the symptoms of Celiac Disease, and Gluten Sensitivity!!! It could be life changing...and dare I say, Life Saving!
Some symptoms listed by the Mayo Clinic....
- Anemia, usually resulting from iron deficiency
- Loss of bone density (osteoporosis) or softening of bone (osteomalacia)
- Itchy, blistery skin rash (dermatitis herpetiformis)
- Damage to dental enamel
- Mouth ulcers
- Headaches and fatigue
- Nervous system injury, including numbness and tingling in the feet and hands, possible problems with balance, and cognitive impairment
- Joint pain
- Reduced functioning of the spleen (hyposplenism)
- Acid reflux and heartburn
- Weight loss
- Short stature
- Delayed puberty
- Neurological symptoms, including attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), learning disabilities, headaches, lack of muscle coordination and seizures